Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Halloween Plates

One day I was playing around online and I found these SUPER cute silhouette plates. Danny Seo came up with the idea. They are just white plates I reglazed with black to make cool Halloween silhouettes. I think they turned out great. (Instructions: http://www.hgtv.com/organizing/reglazed-silhouette-plates/) I want to make some for Fall (I'll just use leaves and do orange, red and yellow for glaze) and Christmas (haven't thought those over yet) and pretty much every holiday. I put them in my China Cabinet and they look so great! It cost me about $25 dollars, and some of the materials are reusable (sticker paper, which was the most expensive part). I picked up the plates at a secondhand store, so they were super cheap. You can buy the porcelain glaze at Michaels and it's like, 5 bucks (I also used me 40% off one item for that week). The hardest part was peeling off the sticker after glazing. That was VERY difficult. I even picked up GooGone (or whatever it's called) to try and get them off. But, there is still some gunk on the plates (I need to try again.) Anyway, it was a fun inexpensive project that turned out super cute! And yes, those are my toes at the bottom of the picture. Haha, I had to stand on the chair to get all the plates in the picture!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Those do look great! I'll have to make some since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I'm completely impressed!

Pinspot said...

Awesome, B! I think the spider is my favorite. I may have to try these...